Coax to Ethernet is also known as MoCA or Multimedia over Coax Alliance. It is a wired solution that makes your Wi-Fi better. With MoCA adapters, you can still enjoy wireless Internet and also get a wired-like experience with reliable, solid Internet connection. And yes, they really work.
How Coax to Ethernet Adapters Work
Coax to Ethernet adapters (MoCA adapters) do work and they are easy to use. In a single household, you are likely to only need two adapters, but you can use up to 16 in one space if you need the extra coverage.
To get a coax or MoCA adapter to work all you have to do is set it up. And set up is easy. MoCA adapters are designed to be a plug-and-play device, meaning that you plug one into your router and the other to your device and you are good to go.
Steps for setting up MoCA adapter:
- Plug a MoCA device into a coax jack and connect it to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect another MoCA device to a different coax jack in your home.
With a plug-and-play setup you skip extra wires, holes in walls and interruptions to your Internet connection. With your connected devices you are limited to being stationary, but the reliable Internet connection makes it worth it. A good guideline is that if the device is typically stationary, wire it up a MoCA adapter. Think: gaming consoles, PCs, work laptop. But if your devices are regularly mobile, leave it to your wireless network. Best of both!
Beyond easy setup, a MoCA adapter like the Hitron HT-EM4 has many benefits that work:
- Overall, better home Wi-Fi: MoCA adapters increase your network speeds which increases its performance and coverage.
- Better streaming & gaming experiences: MoCA makes sure resolution is pristine and no lag!
- Better video conferencing when working from home: MoCA creates smooth and seamless connection, even if the whole household is using the internet at the same time.
- Fast Wi-Fi speed up to 1 Gbps: MoCA 2.5 adapters can help get Internet speeds up to a potential 1 Gbps.
- Secure and reliable Wi-Fi connection: MoCA adapters to support your Wi-Fi network gives you a super-fast and reliable Internet connection every time you connect.
Want to learn more about how MoCA technology can enhance your home Wi-Fi? Ask your Internet service provider about MoCA today. You can also check out Hitron’s Learn Page for more helpful tips.
Learn > MoCA > How Do I Convert Coax to Ethernet?You can convert coaxial to Ethernet by using an adapter. Specifically, you would need to use a MoCA adapter.Defining Coax Coaxial cable, sometimes abbreviated as coax, is the type of wiring in your home that...
Learn > MoCA > Does MoCA Interfere with Cable Modem?Setting up a coax (MoCA) network in your home is a great way to get better Internet coverage and fast speeds. MoCA (Multimedia over Coaxial Alliance) is a technology that works with existing coaxial cable...
Learn > MoCA > Is MoCA Faster than Ethernet?MoCA (Multimedia over Coaxial Alliance) and Ethernet are different but do share some similarities. For one, they are both wired Internet solutions for your home. MoCA: The idea of MoCA is to use the existing TV cable...
Should I Enable MoCA on My Router?Learn > MoCA > Should I Enable MoCA on My Router?You have dealt with slow Wi-Fi speeds and poor connection at some point in your life. It seems like every time it happens it’s more frustrating than the last time. Often, the...