5 Real Reasons Why You Should Have a DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
When you get Internet service from your cable TV provider, it typically uses the coax wiring in your home to deliver that connection via a cable modem. Every cable modem has a protocol called DOCSIS which dictates how fast your download and upload speeds will be between your devices and your Internet Service Provider.
DOCSIS 3.1 is the latest standard which is capable of 10 gigabits per second (Gbps) download speeds and 1 Gbps upload speeds. This is the most current standards on the market and it can offer the best Internet connection and experience.
A DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem improves:
- Online Gaming – for those of you who are avid online gamers, you know how important reduced latency and lag is to enjoy online gaming! Dropped connections and jittery connections just won’t do!
- Working from Home – video conference calls, online meetings and frequent file transfers are standard when you are working from home. A fast and stable internet connection is an absolute Must-have!
- Learning from Home– if the children in your home are attending school online, you need a reliable, fast connection for online classes and video calls.
- Streaming Video – having enough bandwidth throughput to enjoy watching streaming video and movies without the annoying buffering or freezing.
- Heavy Bandwidth Use – if you have a lot of people in your home connecting to the Internet at the same time, you need that connection to be fast and reliable every time.
Having a powerful DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem forms the foundation of your Internet connection translating into the ultimate digital home experience for high-definition 4K and 8K streaming, stutter-free VR applications, flawless smart home and video conferencing and much more. This means you can connect more devices, enjoy richer digital experiences and get faster, more reliable Internet service for all of today and tomorrow’s needs. Want to learn more about how DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modems & Routers can enhance your home Internet? Check out Hitron’s Learn page for more resources.